General coarse fishing
BALLINAMORE is renowned for its coarse fishing.
What sets us apart is the range and quality of species in the many local lakes, rivers and canal. There are 40 lakes within a 10km radius.
In fact Bolganard Lake – only 10 minutes drive from Glenview – produced the current Irish record bream of 12lb 3oz and is part of a complex of three lakes, the other two are Drumlonan and Corduff, particularly noted for quality tench.
We have fishing to suit everyone, whatever the time of year, and the latest information to ensure that our guests do not have to waste time dashing around the county.
During 2008 the most productive waters for Glenview guests were: Drumlonan (tench and roach), Kiltybardan (bream, hybrids and roach), Derrycassan (large hybrids), Coologue (bream, hybrids and roach), Garadice Lake at Connolly’s Shore (bream, hybrids and roach) and several stretches on the Shannon-Erne Waterway.
- Free fishing on all coarse waters
- No licences required
- Complimentary angling maps provided
- Meet & Greet service available with local angling expert (cost €25 per party)
- Guiding & pre-baiting service available with boat to special isolated swims
- Cold bait room available
- Bait delivery service – stockists for Irish Bait & Tackle Limited
- Guiding service available
Best local waters in 2008 – with lots more to choose from.